Sometimes the hardest thing about cooking dinner is just deciding on what to cook; a salad, pizza, curry or maybe a stir fry. But truth be told I am a great fan of mixing things up and creating something new. This method often leads to some great fusion meals, but at times they can be more of a con-fusion meal. However with summer on its way the salad spoons are back out but that mix it up attitude has spin on the normal salad. This is a more heathy alternative to a less heathy meal. So if you have a craving for pizza – try healthy it up a little with this pizza salad. It doesn’t take long to whip up and is far better for you than a pizza and just as tasty.
- 1 cup diced fresh mozzarella
- 1/3 cup thin pepperoni slices, quartered
- 1 cup halved grape tomatoes
- 1/2 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 3/4 cup diced green bell pepper (the picture shows sliced)
- 1 (2.25 ounce) can sliced olives, drained
- Small head of leafy lettuce
- 1/2 cup salad croutons
- Italian Dressing
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Pinch of sugar
- In a large bowl combine all the dressing ingredients.
- With a fork or whisk mix well.
- Chop the mozzarella, pepperoni, tomatoes, mushrooms, bell pepper, and olives in to bit sized bits.
- Pop all of the chopped pizza bits into a large bowl.
- Pour over the dressing.
- Using two forks or spoons toss the dressing through the salad.
- Serve the salad on a bed of lettuce and top it with croutons just before eating.
Pizza salad Tips
- Try a different pizza for your pizza salad inspiration, maybe a Hawaiian, or seafood pizza salad
Images originally produced for wikiHow. This recipe is edited from the original wikiHow article on how to make a pizza salad.