I don’t know about you but I love peanut butter and jelly sandwiches! So I thought why not enjoy the same classic flavor combo as an ice cold smoothie! As you can see we couldn’t help but drink some even before the photos were taken… Actually we were really wanting to try our hand at styling the shoot in a messy mid-meal kind of style that you see done really well every now and again. I’m not sure that we totally nailed it but at least we gave it a shot!
I also came across three different Peanut Butter and Jelly cookie recipes on foodgawker while writing this post that were too good not to share:
- First the Moonlight baker made these adorable cookies in the shape of little peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.
- While I heart eating has a more traditional but just as delicious looking PB & J Sandwich Cookies recipe.
- And last but not least I have my eye on these Peanut Butter and Jelly Macarons from Jo the tart queen.
I will definitely have to get my baking apron on in the next couple of weeks and give at least one of these recipes a go! In the meantime this peanut butter and jelly smoothie is a fun and easy treat to whip up when you’re feeling nostalgic for those long hot summer days of your childhood… so go ahead get the blender out and get reminiscing!
- 3 Tbsp Peanut butter
- 2 Tbsp Fruit Jelly
- 1 ½ Cups Milk
- 1 large Banana
- 6 Ice cubes
- Throw all of the ingredients into the blender.
- With the blender on high mix it until you have a smooth smoothie.
- Pour it out into cups and enjoy with a peanut butter and jelly sandwich if you wish - couldn't be simpler!
Peanut Butter and Jelly Smoothie Tips
- Adding a dollop of jelly into the bottom of the glass will give you a fun distinction between the flavors.
- Use smooth peanut butter unless you are a fan of chunks of peanut sinking to the bottom of your glass.