Delicious vanilla cookies can be whipped up in no time. Make them at home using these simple ingredients and serve with ice cream, pudding or your favorite desert. Soon we will also be posting a banana pudding recipe using these tasty cookies – yum!
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoons salt
- Cream the butter, sugar and egg.
- Add milk and vanilla and continue beating mixture together.
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt into the mixture.
- Mix until a cookie dough forms.
- Chill dough.
- Roll out thin.
- Bake at 400 to 425 degrees F (hot oven) until light brown, about 10 mins (but keep an eye on them to make sure they don't burn). The cookies should be thin and crisp when finished baking.
- Place on wire baking racks to cool.
- Use with your favorite dessert, makes 6 dozen small cookies.
Images originally produced for wikiHow. This recipe is edited from the original wikiHow article on how to Bake Vanilla Wafers