This time last year we were in Greece and while that seems so long ago this Greek chicken dish definitely brings back some good memories, it will please all your senses; the wonderful cooking smells, the visual delight of the contrasting black olives and the red pepper but best of all the delicious combination of flavors. Perfect enjoyed with a simple salad and couscous outside on a spring evening.
- 2 Chicken breasts
- 2 Onions
- 2 Red peppers
- 1 Green pepper
- 1/2 cup black olives
- 3 ripe tomatoes
- 1 glass of red wine
- 3 Tbsp Olive oil
- Cut each of the chicken breasts into 3 pieces
- Heat the oil in a saucepan and saute the chicken pieces for 10 minutes.
- While the chicken is frying cut the peppers in large pieces.
- Mince the tomatoes and the onions.
- Once the chicken browns and the juices are clear add the onions, peppers and olives.
- When the onion is clear pour over the wine, add the tomatoes, a pinch of thyme and salt, pepper (to taste).
- Add a cup of water and reduce the heat and simmer for 60 minutes.
- Serve hot.
If you would prefer to use an oven in stead of frying, add all of the ingredients in a oven proof dish and cover. Cook at 180 C for 60 -90 minutes. The oven may reduce the liquid much faster and you may have to add additional water during the cooking time.
More Greek Inspirations
The healthy house wife has a delicious looking Greek chicken burger in her post – The Mediterranean Diet
Heather Cristo makes Greek Chicken and Potatoes
And Josie Lee makes an amazing looking dessert – Vanilla-Poached Fig, Cherry & Pistachio Parfaits