I came across some super cute favors this week while searching for Easter ideas. These carrot shaped jelly bean favors would be a fun addition to an Easter basket, Easter table display, at a garden party or to give out to friends. They are pretty simple to make the only tedious part is separating out the orange beans from the rest but that just means you get to eat every other color!
- Orange Jelly Beans
- Green Licorice
- Clear cellophane/plastic pastry bags
- Green Ribbon or Raffia
- Line each bag with about 3 single strands of green licorice. This licorice should reach the top of each bag; if it sticks out, you can cut off the extra for neatness.
- Fill each bag with orange jelly beans. Be careful to ensure that the licorice strands are hidden inside all of the orange (bunching them in the middle is helpful).
- Tie the bag where the jelly beans end. Use the green ribbon or raffia and tie in a bow. The green licorice strands should be poking out above and give the appearance of a carrot top, along with the bunched up plastic.
- Give as favors at Easter or other parties. They can also be added to an Easter basket or hidden outside as a treat to be found from the "Easter bunny".