In a recent post we made a vegan yogurt parfait using our homemade granola and fresh fruit so we thought it was only fair that we also shared our recipe for making a crunchy and delicious vegan granola. This recipe contains no added dairy ingredients and it is the perfect way to start out the day.
- 3 to 4 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup almonds, chopped
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup flax seeds
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 tbsp. carob powder
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 cup dry sweetener
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup coconut, shredded
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup dates, chopped
- 1/2 cup cranberries, dried
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and grease the lasagna pan.
- Combine and stir together the oat flakes, sunflower seeds, almonds, sesame seeds and flax seeds in a large bowl.
- In another medium-sized bowl, combine the oil, carob powder, cinnamon, sweetener and salt by whisking thoroughly.
- Combine the contents of both bowls in the larger bowl and stir them together.
- Pour the mixture into a lasagna pan and bake it for 15 to 20 minutes until the top of the mixture is golden brown.
- Remove the pan from the oven and flip over the mixture with a spatula.
- Bake the granola for 8 to 10 minutes more and then take it out of the oven.
- While the granola is cooling, stir in the dried fruit. In 10 minute intervals, stir the granola until cool.
Store the granola for up to 2 weeks if covered in a pantry, or up to 4 months if in the refrigerator.
For More Granola Goodness Try:
Kitchen Confidante’s Apple Granola Crisp Recipe
Someday Spoon’s Perfect Pick Me Up Parfait
Sweet Pea’s Kitchen’s snack size Fruit and Nut Granola Bite
Or over on The Comfort of Cooking the Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Granola Bars look mighty tasty!
Images originally created for wikiHow article Make Vegan Granola