Like all great things our time in Turkey is coming to an end, we have loved it and learnt so so much from our semi-jobless time here and all the amazing people we have met. After a cold winter, a scorching summer and 2 border runs over to the lovely Island of Lesvos we have finally decided to move on. Just to see if we can change culture and humidity as much as possible we are going to TAIWAN!!
From our sleepy little Ayvalik to the big city life of Taipei, two very different cultures with very different flavors and culinary skills. In Ayvalik it is hard to find soy sauce and getting pork is impossible however I imagine that this will be the bases of most our meals in Taiwan.
Don’t worry we cook far faster then we can post on the blog and have a back date of great tasting and looking Turkish and Mediterranean recipes to share.
Moving anywhere can be stressful and saying goodbye to all your newly made friends is always sad, and during this time we all have breakdowns, throw little tantrums so here are our fair well paddies.
These patties and anchovy sauce throw an excellent Mediterranean twist to your normal patties. They make a great addition to burgers, used to dip with or enjoyed in a super snack stack.
- 2 cups of flour
- Loose cup of thinly cut spinach
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 Egg
- 2 Tbsp Oil
- Water to mix
- 3 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 6-8 anchovy fillets
- 2 tbsp minced parsley
- 2 clove of garlic
- 3 medium Tomatoes
- Place the flour on a clean surface, and mix through salt, pepper and cut spinach.
- Form the flour into the shape of a ring, add the egg, pour a small amount of warm water and the oil into the center.
- Whisk the egg through the mix.
- With your hands continue mixing while adding small amounts of water until achieving a soft dough.
- Let it sit for 15 minutes in the refrigerator to cool.
- Flour the bench and roll the dough out until it is about 1/8 inch thick.
- With a cutter or the top of a cup, make 2 inch patties.
- Fry the patties in oil until they are slightly golden.
- In a separate pan over the lowest flame, add the anchovy fillets to the oil while the oil is still cool.
- As the oil is starting to heat add the minced parsley, crushed garlic and the tomatoes finely cut.
- Mix through breaking the fillets into smaller pieces.
- Cook for approximately 10 minutes. Add water and olive oil to thin the sauce if it is thickening to much or you you prefer thinner sauces.
- Stack the patties with layers of spinach between and drizzle with the anchovy sauce, add a few parsley leaves to the top for garnish
- You can easily substitute the fresh tomatoes for a can of chopped tomatoes.
- Squeeze over lemon and a drizzle of olive oil, for extra flavor.
Türkiye biz seni seviyoruz.