Someday Spoon is now on facebook so I thought Id celebrate with a banana smoothie. If you enjoy Someday Spoon click the like button and follow us on FB too.
Smoothie and Milkshake recipes is the 3rd site that we have been asked to work on after our original contract from the oDesk freelancing site. Unfortunately there is a chance that the smoothie recipes we are working on may never be published and no one will ever get to see them! However the good news is I will publish them all here just for you.
With the banana Milkshake photo shoot we really wanted to push the retro / childhood memories of the classic banana milkshake. Not only in the shoot itself but also with the colors and tone of the final series and the square frame emulating a medium format camera.
Although bananas are often only used as a base in milkshakes and smoothies they do have a great flavor and make for a great smoothie on their own.
- 3 Bananas
- 2 large scoops Ice cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 4 drops Vanilla essence
- 1 sprinkle Cinnamon
- Peel the bananas and place them in to a plastic bag in the freezer, be careful that the bananas are not touching.
- Once the bananas are frozen add them along with the ice cream, milk and Vanilla essence into the blender.
- On high bend the mix until it has reached an even thickness and there are no longer chunks of frozen banana.
- Pour the shake in to two tall glasses for you and a friend to enjoy, although they look ready to drink now don't forget to sprinkle them with cinnamon first it makes them all the better.
Banana Milkshake Tips
- This is a great way to use up those frozen bananas you have in the freezer waiting to be made into a cake.
- Adding a bit more milk and a few extra drops of vanilla essence will fatten this shake out into 4 cups.