We have been photographing, cooking and blogging for a little while now and are still really loving it. But even we find it hard to get up and photographing some mornings, however this oatmeal and apricot smoothie has got to be my favorite motivator. Get blending and get a kick start to your day.
This low GI oatmeal and apricot smoothie is great for breakfast as it will give you a jump start to the day and keep you going until lunch.
- 5 apricots
- 1/2 cup oatmeal
- 8 Ice Cubes
- 1 Fresh Banana
- 1 cup yoghurt
- Remove the stones from the apricots and cut them in to small pieces.
- Into the blender add the cut apricot, oatmeal, ice cubes, banana and yoghurt.
- Blend for 1 - 2 minutes until the oatmeal has been well blended.
- Pour into your favorite glass and enjoy
- Substitute the oats for your favourite muesli to create an even more delicious breakfast smoothie.
- While yoghurt may taste nice, milk or juice will make thinner but just as good smoothie.