I have been slack with adding recipes and tips as I have a heap of delicious Greek / Turkish (depending who you ask) recipes to post. But it is too hot to think about moussaka or musakka so here is another Someday Smoothie.
This smoothie is a mix and mash of a smoothie and a popsicle but perfect for those 35C plus days.
Ice cream Smoothie pops
I scream for ice cream and so does everyone else that’s why these ice cream smoothie pops are a real crowd pleaser.
- 4 Scoops Ice Cream
- 1 Frozen Banana
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 4 Tbsp Sprinkles
- 1 Tbsp Chocolate Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Strawberry Jam
- 2 Popsicle sticks
- Blend the ice cream, bananas and milk until smooth.
- Into the bottom of 2 plastic freezer safe cups add the sprinkles.
- Carefully pour the smoothie over the sprinkles trying not to disturb them.
- Have fun drizzling your chocolate sauce and strawberry jam into the cups.
- The smoothie should be think enough to stand the popsicle sticks up.
- Place in the freezer for at least 4 hours, over night is better.
- Take your smoothie pops out of the freezer and pop them out of the cups to enjoy.
- If the popsicle sticks do not stand up in the smoothie mix, wrap two rubber bands around the cup to hold the it in place while it freezes.
- You may need to run the cups under hot water to get the smoothie pop out easily.