The Ayvalik market had an explosion of Strawberries over the last few months and and for only 3 Turkish Lira a kilo they are a steal. Although the strawbs are delicious it has been hard to eat our way through them all which is why we have been making some very yummy Strawberry Milkshakes. This will be the first of our “someday smoothies” section so keep an eye out for further shakes and smoothies over the coming months.
- 12 strawberries
- 2 large scopes Ice cream, vanilla or strawberry.
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 drops Vanilla essence
- Wash and prepare your strawberries by rinsing them under cold water and cut the leaves off.
- Place them on a sheet of baking paper and sprinkle with sugar
- Put the strawberries in to the freezer to freeze this should take a few hours.
- Into the blender put the frozen strawberries along with the rest of the ingredients.
- Blend until it has reached a lovely pink color.
- Pour into your favorite glass and enjoy.
- Buy strawberries while they are at their cheapest and freeze them for later use, with sugar sprinkled on them in a freezer tight container they should last up to 3 months.
- Layering the strawberries and baking paper in to Tupperware or old ice cream containers lets you stack up lots of strawberries but stops them freezing to one another allowing for easy access at a later date.