As I mentioned in my last post we have to eat for a living and through oDesk we are also working as photographers for wikihow.com. What is great is that we can easily swing it to photograph what we love most; food!
This morning we made and photographed Canadian pancakes which was great since I could garnish them with the mulberries we had collected earlier.
Mulberries are in season at the moment here in Ayvalik, Turkey and from our window we can watch across the street everybody stopping under a huge mulberry tree to hide from the heat of the sun and enjoy a mulberry or two before continuing down the road.
Unrelated to Turkey but extremely yum.
- 1 cup of plain flour (190g, ~6oz)
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 1 sachet of vanilla essence
- 3 tbs of sugar
- 1 cup of milk
- 2 eggs
- Put the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Measure out the milk into a measuring cup and mix in the two eggs.
- Combine the wet and dry and stir leaving in most of the lumps.
- Heat a non-stick pan and test it using a small bit of batter.
- Pour your first pancake - about 5 - 6 inches.
- When the bubbles on the top disappear - flip it using a spatula.
- Cook it for another minute and serve.
This isn’t my recipe and I was skeptical about leaving lumps but leaving it to sit for 15 – 20 minutes will softens the lumps and makes them surprisingly yum.
Leave me a comment and let me know your pancake secrets.