We had to find recipes to fit with our current situation, our apartment is sans-oven and our country Turkey being Muslim and is sans-pork. These two restrictions helped as reduce the list by half and after searching the cupboard to find them close to bare our next recipe was simple and terribly named however with very few changes to the recipe it was surprisingly tasty.
- 1 can of natural peeled tomatoes or 3 medium finely chopped tomatoes
- 1 tsp of sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 1/2 cup Rice
- 2 Tbsp Oil
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 egg per person
- Place rice in a pressure cooker along with 3 cups of water, 3 peeled cloves of garlic, a bay leaf and a dash of oil.
- Once the rice begins to boil cover and let it simmer for 10 minutes (15 if you are not using a pressure cooker).
- While the rice is cooking fry the tomato with salt, sugar and one diced clove of garlic for 10 minutes and set aside.
- Just before the rice is ready fry an egg per person.Shape the rice with a cup or mold and place the tomato and fried egg on top.